Oral Surgery Glendale AZ
Before Intravenous Anesthesia / Sedation
The following are important instructions to review and adhere to prior to surgery.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, excessive jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Leave all personal belongings with your ride.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the Doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions.